I was inspired by a friend’s recent Facebook post about how enraged his toddler gets about being safely strapped in her car seat. Here are 15 ways I have recently angered my toddler:
- I opened her breakfast bar completely instead of opening it half way and folding back the wrapper.
- I folded back her banana peel instead of peeling the banana completely.
- I would not let her touch a dead frog.
- I took a bite of my own breakfast.
- I offered her a bite of my breakfast.
- I tried to help her put on her shoes.
- I suggested there is a correct shoe for each foot.
- I put a bow in her hair.
- I immediately took the bow out of her hair.
- I put her down when she wanted to be picked up.
- I picked her up when she wanted down.
- I failed to intervene before the dog’s tail brushed her shoulder.
- I suggested carrying my hot coffee around was beyond her skill set.
- I won’t let her turn on the stove.
- I let her choose her own snack thus allowing her to choose incorrectly.
What we learned here is that sometimes toddlers are crazy. But we can all get a little crazy, right? Our sitters are well versed in navigating the ups and downs of toddlers, babies and teens–and we have vetted them to be sure you can trust them. #wegotya